Social Media Marketing – are you ready?
Preparing for the day starts always with the night before. Sleep!! Social media marketing needs to be planned, executed properly, be current and constantly measured – its important to be on top of your game for it.
With social media marketing businesses need to focus more on how to BE social and less on how to DO social media. Every day there is new technology and new platforms that are being released you have to think strategically through this process and not merely a knee-jerk reaction. You have to be prepared to wake up ready to take on the challenge – or outsource it to a qualified company that can.
Social media marketing strategy process goes like this:
1. Build your dream here
2. Listen and compare – if you are new your competitors have been clearing the way for you, use some of what they have learned already. Also, make sure you see past them and branch out to connecting industries
3. What’s the point anyway? – If you don’t have a strategy, then you have no idea what you are doing here, your business will bounce from one pinball to another and your ROI will be low. – Plan, plan, plan.
4. Analyze – the old saying you can’t manage what you can’t measure. This information will help you with 2, 3, 5, and 6, 7, and 8 when you get there.
5. Find out what your point of difference is and sell that (use information from # 2, 3 and 4)
6. At all times be human – consumers want intimacy.
7. Create a plan of attack – pick which channels work best for your business (use information from #2) and plan how you are going to dominate them (use information from #4)
8. Enjoy if you don’t love it, then outsource it to a company that does. Users can always see if there is a smile on your face when you post something – so make sure you get plenty of sleep the night before